Highly-profitable Landscape And Garden Supply Store For Sale
- Fort Bragg, California - North
Established in 2003, Dirt Cheap has been the mainstay landscape and garden supply store in the small town of Fort Bragg, offering the community an array of garden supplies, soil, mulch, garden amendments, hydroponics, and much more! Dirt Cheap has maintained an environmentally friendly approach by sourcing products with lower carbon outputs and introducing biodegradable, recyclable, and compostable packaging.
The owners have maintained strong profitability throughout the years while managing to work part-time. The business is open Monday – Friday from 9 am to 5 pm and Saturday from 10 am to 3 pm. There are two full-time employees – a salesperson and a yard worker. Some notable assets included in the purchase price are a Kubota L3130 tractor, 2011 Ford F550 4WD Diesel with 105k miles, a Caterpillar LN03-136 forklift, and a manufactured tiny home currently used for checkout and office space. In addition, a new owner will benefit from the extensive customer and vendors list, an employee handbook and policies and procedures manual, as well as owner training.
• The owners own the property and will negotiate a new long-term lease commencing at $1,500 per month.
• Plenty of free parking.
• Neighboring businesses include a cannabis dispensary and packaging processing company.
• One owner is fully-absentee; the other works two 8-hour shifts per week.
• 2020 Gross Sales: $1.2M
• There is approximately $70k of inventory that is additional and is not included in the asking price.
- Lease terms:
- The owners own the property and will negotiate a new long-term lease commencing at $1,500 per month.
- Leasehold rent:
- Premises details:
- Dirt Cheap Landscape and Garden Supply has great visibility and access to highly traveled HWY-1. Adjacent to a cannabis dispensary shop and a packaging processing company, Dirt Cheap has plenty of parking and successfully operates out of a ~7,500 sq.ft. lot. The lot is well positioned with six large bulk bins, a tiny home used for retail checkout and office space, as well as a ShelterLogic tent and large shipping container used for retail display. The owners own the property and will negotiate a new long-term lease commencing at $1,500 per month.
- Size in square feet:
- Competition / Market:
- Closest competitors are The Garden Shop in Mendocino (~10 miles) and Hare Creek Nursery (~5 miles).
- Reasons for selling:
- Retiring from the store and pursuing other business ventures.
- Years established:
- Support & training:
- Owner Training is Available
- Owner financing:
- Owner financing is available. Please contact the seller for more information.
- Furniture / Fixtures value:
- Inventory / Stock value:
If you are interested in finding out more about this business for sale, click on the button below.